If you want to try the VPS (Virtual Private Server) technology for free, one of the best solutions is this offer from DigitalOcean.
Sign Up via this link and you will get $100 credit for free. That's enough credit to run a VPS for up to 20 months! The smallest VPS price is just $5/month with 1 core, 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD storage and 1000GB transfer.
I started to build my WordPress MU website on UK based VPS and stayed here. Let's see why:
- Hourly pricing
- Scalable - easily upgrade your VPS with a few clicks
- High uptime (in fact, I have never experienced downtime since 2014)
- Great support
- Great articles
- Worldwide locations (New York, Amsterdam, London, Bangalore, etc...)
- One click droplet creation and destruction
- Pre-installed Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu and Fedora images
- One-click snapshot creation and restoration
- Firewall (for free!)
- And so on...
Note: If you sign up without the link in this article, you will not receive the $100 credit.