Glances monitoring for Raspberry Pi (RPi-Monitor alternative)
For years I've used the RPi-Monitor app to monitor my Raspberry Pi, but like the torrent client replacement, I'm trying something new this year. I found the glances project, you can find it on GitHub:
The GUI looks like this in the terminal, and on WebUI as well:
It looks different from the other monitoring solutions, but I think it's worth a try.
- Install pip (Package Installer for Python)
sudo apt install python3-pip
- Preinstall some packages for glances
sudo apt-get install gcc python3-dev
- Install glances
sudo pip install --user 'glances[web]'
- Start web interface
sudo /root/.local/bin/glances -w
- Open the WebUI in your browser
- Create a systemd service file
sudo nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/glances.service
- Put these lines into this file
- Start and enable the service
sudo systemctl daemon-reload && sudo systemctl enable glances.service && sudo systemctl start glances.service
- That's all, done.