...without putting your phone in silent mode. I'll show you how you can do that within 5 minutes.
I created a 0.1-second sound file that contained only silence. That one will be played instead of the built-in Messenger beep when a new message arrives. Let's see how to configure it:
- Open this article from your phone
- Download the silence_100ms.wav file to your phone, it's only 0.27KB
- Move the file into the Notifications folder (CX File Explorer can help you)
- Open Messenger, click on your profile picture (left top)
- Open Notifications & sounds under the Preferences
- Select Notification sound, then choose the Silence_100ms
- That's all. Enjoy the silence! :)
If you found this article useful, please share this article with your friends
- who are also struggling with this problem
- if it simply disturbs you with each new message :)
- and do not forget to bookmark this page. It will be useful in the future.