Disable notification sound in Messenger
...without putting your phone in silent mode. I'll show you how you can do that within 5 minutes.
I created a 0.1-second sound file that contained only silence. That one will be played instead of the built-in Messenger beep when a new message arrives. Let's see how to configure it:
- Open this article from your phone
- Download the silence_100ms.wav file to your phone, it's only 0.27KB
- Move the file into the Notifications folder (CX File Explorer can help you)
- Open Messenger, click on your profile picture (left top)
- Open Notifications & sounds under the Preferences
- Select Notification sound, then choose the Silence_100ms
- That's all. Enjoy the silence! :)
If you found this article useful, please share this article with your friends
- who are also struggling with this problem
- if it simply disturbs you with each new message :)
- and do not forget to bookmark this page. It will be useful in the future.
If you found this article useful and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a small donation via PayPal. Your support will allow me to continue creating valuable content and make my blog even better. Thank you for your contribution!